North Oxfordshire Conservatives are gearing up for the upcoming Oxfordshire County Council elections on Thursday 4th May.
Over the past four years, Conservative-led Oxfordshire County Council has worked, in difficult circumstances, to deliver a prosperous and thriving county. Since 2013 we have:
- Achieved one of the fastest growing economies outside of London with unemployment less than 1%
- Rolled out superfast broadband to 95% of Oxfordshire homes
- Doubled the number of hours of care provided to elderly residents in their homes
- Maintained all 43 libraries across the county
- Achieved a 'Good' rating for both children's services & adult social care - one of the few UK Councils to do so in both sectors
- Generated enough electricity from waste to power a town the size of Banbury - a top recycling Council
But we recognise there is more still to do be done..
With your support on Thursday 4th May, we can deliver a county that works everyone.
Our pledges to you:
- Enhance North Oxfordshire's thriving economy. Back business, create local jobs and promote our market towns.
- Champion the Horton General Hospital & Bicester Community Hospital. Fight against service loss to the JR, maintain excellent NHS care locally.
- Deliver improved infrastructure. A strong voice campaigning for better local services.
- Protect children, the elderly and the vulnerable. Continue to safeguard frontline services for those most in need.
- An outstanding education for every child. Helping our children reach their true potential.
We are delighted to announce our candidates:
Banbury Calthorpe: Eddie Reeves
Banbury Grimsbury and Castle: Paul Austin Sargent
Banbury Hardwick: Tony Ilott
Banbury Ruscote: David Beverly
Bicester North: Lawrie Stratford
Bicester Town: Michael Waine
Bicester West: Debbie Pickford
Bloxham and Easington: Kieron Mallon
Deddington: Arash Fatemian
Otmoor: Dan Sames
Ploughley: Ian Corkin
Wroxton and Hook Norton: George Reynolds
You can find out more about your candidate and how to contact them by clicking on their individual profile in the left-hand column.